Monday, March 17, 2014

Economy sucks? Don't worry about it - worry about THOSE people instead!

In late 1991 or early 1992, the GOP's politics of hate led me to become a Democrat.* Little has changed on that front. Krugman calls out US Rep Paul Ryan's race-baiting: http://nyti.ms/1qJUMFX


* After a few years of indecision, a parade of GOP US Senate hopefuls gleefully trying to outdo one another in gay-bashing during a primary debate in my college's chapel - including US Rep Sonny Bono, father of then-out-lesbian Chaz Bono - clinched my decision. Even though I was far from a gay rights activist - I was still "uncomfortable" with homosexuality at that time because of my partly-evangelical upbringing - I "knew" that demonizing people and fostering hatred and division to score political points was decidedly un-Godly behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment